Ballet Beauty and professional dancer Samantha Burns shares with us her secrets to a stage ready red lip for Valentine’s this year!
As a dancer stage makeup is an essential part of the transformation we make from person to performer. The final part of this transformation is always the perfectly painted red pout. It’s also true that in everyday life a great shade of red lipstick can brighten up your face and your day. A beautiful red lip can take you and your outfit from backstage to onstage, so to speak! Not to mention the added bonus of brightening up your smile. If you’re feeling like you need a little pick-me-up or something to complete your look this Valentine’s Day, throw on the perfect shade of red and you’ll be transformed.
Here are a few tips I have learned to get the perfect look with red lipstick.
1) Moisturize! Apply a lip treatment to help moisturize your lips while prepping your other makeup. After finishing the rest of your look wipe off any access lip moisturizer/lip prep.
2) Line! Lining your lips is a must when using red lipstick to help stop bleeding or feathering of your lip color. *I have found that Satin finishes feather less than Matte finishes.
3) Fill! Now fill in the look with your favorite red lipstick, stain or gloss.
4) Brush! Take a concealer brush and follow the outside edge of your lips with a little concealer to help define your lip line.
5) Muah! One kiss on a tissue to blot and you are ready to go. Have fun, you gorgeous thing!
Don’t worry if lipstick is not your thing there are other wonderful products out there to help give you the color without the commitment of a true lipstick. You can try, lip stains, lip gloss (glossy lips make them appear more full), or even tinted lip balm.
What’s your favorite way to get your “stage” ready Red lips? XoSamantha