We've been busy in the #BBKITCHEN! We've whipped up some healthy, end of summer desserts that will curb your sweet tooth cravings!
Hi Ballet Beauties!
I'm Ballet Beautiful NYC Master Trainer, Kara. I'm a passionate vegan and I love how colorful the diet can be! It's been a hot and humid summer here in NYC so I rounded up my favorite refreshing, vegan dessert recipes using the best produce of what summer has to offer. These recipes are also free of refined sugar and gluten.
Refreshing Pineapple Lemonade Popsicle
Who knew making popsicles at home could be so easy and fun?! Get creative using your favorite seasonal fruits and pop them into your popsicle mold! I love the sweet and tart mix of flavors you get from pineapple and lemon!
-Juice of 1 lemon
-1 cup of pineapple, chopped
-6 basil leaves
Blend together, pour into molds, freeze for at least 4 hours before enjoying them outside, under the last drops of summer sunshine.
Orange or Peach Creamsicles
Orange Creamsicles are so nostalgic of my childhood but these are a healthier version and just as delicious!
-4 oranges peeled or 4 peaches cut into chunks
-1 14 oz can of coconut cream
-1/4 cup maple syrup
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Blend all ingredients together, pour into popsicle molds, freeze for at least 4 hours before relishing your childhood favorite all over again!
Thumbprint Cookies with Homemade Jam
Easy and simple cookies that are perfect for your picnics- even Yogi Bear would be impressed!
-1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
-1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
-3 tablespoons maple syrup
-1/2 cup fresh berries(blueberries or raspberries work best)
-1 tablespoon maple syrup
-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
-1 tablespoons chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
4. Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
5. Prepare Jam. Add the berries and maple syrup to a small saucepan over medium heat.
6. Mash berries with a fork and stir.
7. Add the lemon juice and chia seeds and cook until jam thickens- about 5 minutes.
8. Remove from heat, let cool for about 10 minutes.
9. Roll your cookie dough into small balls and place on baking sheet.
10. Press down in the center of each dough ball with your thumb and fill with jam.
11. Bake for 10 minutes.
Chia Pudding with Fresh Fruit
Just a little bit of maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon, make this chia pudding sweet enough to curb your sugary cravings!
-1 cup unsweetened almond milk
-1/2 cup chia seeds
-2 tablespoons maple syrup
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 minute before transferring to a bowl. Cover bowl and place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour. Top with your favorite seasonal fruit- berries are my go-to!
Enjoy treating your sweet tooth with my favorite, healthy dessert options!
Have a colorful day!
Tag us at #BalletBeautifulKitchen and share your favorite healthy desserts!